How do I apply for a US F1 student visa?

Most students studying in the US for more than 90 days will need to obtain an F1 student visa.

The process for applying the F1 visa is multi-step and may vary depending on your nationality, personal background and age.

In general, the procedure is as follow:

  1. Obtain Form I-20
  2. Make payment for visa application fee (MRV)
  3. Make payment of SEVIS I-901 fee
  4. Complete DS-160 visa application form online
  5. Schedule an appointment for interview at the US embassy
  6. Visit the US Embassy and submit all required documents
  7. Attend interview (if required)
  8. Once approved, your passport and visa will be couriered back to you (or you can collect at the embassy if preferred)

For more specific instructions on how to apply for your F1 visa, please contact us.  We will be most glad to guide you along from start to end - at no cost!

Meet us at the Overseas Education Fair

Speak face-to-face with university representatives from around the world and attend free seminars at the largest overseas education fair in Singapore! Registration is free! Find out more here.