What is the Biometric Residential Permit (BRP)?

The Biometric Residential Permit (BRP) is your student visa, and comes in the form of a card that is the size of a credit card. 

To obtain the card, you will have to go to a designated post office within 10 days of you entering the UK. You need to bring along the Biometric Notification letter which was issued to you when your visa application was completed. The notification letter will indicate the exact post office where you can collect your card. In some cases, the designated location may be your school.

When you travel in and out of the UK, you need to carry both the passport and BRP with you.

Meet us at the upcoming university fair

Speak with overseas university representatives and attend free seminars at the largest overseas education fair in Singapore. Register for free today!