International students embarking on higher education in Australia will need to obtain an Australia visa. You are likely to require one of the following subclasses of visa:
- Subclass 572 - Vocational Education and Training
- Subclass 573 - Diploma or undergraduate
- Subclass 574 - Postgraduate
The process for applying the student may vary depending on your nationality, personal background and age. Regardless the general steps apply:
- Obtain an eCOE (Electronic Certificate of Enrolment)
- Obtain CAAW letter if you are under 18.
- Gather all other necessary documents
- Submit visa application
- Most students can submit online at https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login. You will need to upload your documents and print your Health Declaration Form after submission.
- Depending on nationality, some students may have to apply physically at a VFS center
- Complete medical checkup at an approved Clinic
- When your visa is approved, you will receive a visa approval letter via email or post
Singaporean students can complete the application entirely online.
The visa is electronic. This means that your passport will not receive a visa sticker or stamp.
If the process sounds complicated, come to us and we will be most glad to guide you along from start to end - at no cost!