What documents do I need to apply for US F1 student visa?

As part of the US visa application process, you are required to submit the following documents at the US embassy:
  1. Form I-20
  2. DS-160 application confirmation page (only the confirmation page with bar code is required)
  3. Visa application fee (MRV) receipt (from Standard Chartered)
  4. SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
  5. Passport (valid for 6 months after date of arrival in the US)
  6. Proof of funds
  7. Academic awards and transcripts
  8. Transcripts for other tests, e.g. SAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, LSAT
For physical submission please ensure that you bring along all original documents. Non-English documents should be accompanied by an English translated and certified copy.
If you are intending to provide your bank statement as a proof of funds for your studies, you will need prepare the funds well in advance of your visa application.

Meet us at the upcoming university fair

Speak with overseas university representatives and attend free seminars at the largest overseas education fair in Singapore. Register for free today!