As part of the US visa application process, you are required to submit the following documents at the US embassy:
- Form I-20
- DS-160 application confirmation page (only the confirmation page with bar code is required)
- Visa application fee (MRV) receipt (from Standard Chartered)
- SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
- Passport (valid for 6 months after date of arrival in the US)
- Proof of funds
- Academic awards and transcripts
- Transcripts for other tests, e.g. SAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, LSAT
For physical submission please ensure that you bring along all original documents. Non-English documents should be accompanied by an English translated and certified copy.
If you are intending to provide your bank statement as a proof of funds for your studies, you will need prepare the funds well in advance of your visa application.